I just registered the domain name EnterpriseRails.com; let’s see whether I can come up with something interesting to put there.
Here are some interesting links discussing the concepts around Enterprise Rails
- Martin Fowler thinks Enterprise Rails is an oxymoron, but he thinks Enterprise Ruby is a valid and valuable concept.
- Defendem.com has a book on Enterprise Rails deployments
- Justin Gehtland thinks that there’s a huge opportunity for Enterprise Rails, and ThoughtWorks is showing the way. (Here’s a direct link to some Thoughtworks Rails news)
- Stefan Kaes has some analysis of performance improvements in Rails
- Jon Tirson thinks it’s already more Enterprise ready than J2EE in some ways.
I reserve judgement for now on that last one.